Wednesday 6 January 2010

Hole - Back in the UK - February

Hole have announced their first UK date since I was a little lad, 17th of February at the Shepherd's Bush Empire. I have tickets and will be writing it up for someone. Before we get too excited, let's remember the last outing from Miss Love was America's Sweetheart, an album that had three good tracks on it and a shitload of filler.

Before that, Hole's last official outing, 11 years ago. Remember how they reacted to the jock-ism of Nu Metal by, err, making their guitar sound really Manson-ish and muddy, and soundtracking a movie about American football?

I remember how fucking great Hole were, though, and have spent my last penny making sure I could get tickets for this show. If you can, do. The o2 presale is still up, and the general sale starts on Friday. Get clicking.