Friday 19 June 2009

Hawking your wares - Volume One - Heathen

It's been a while since an update. Yes, I am shamed, the stereotypical blogger who gets caught up in real world events. And let me tell you, the real world costs. Just yesterday I spent £7.60 for two cups of tea and a slice of cake. The shock very nearly sent me to an early grave.

In order to recoup, I've been forced to sell a very rare David Bowie curio. It's a limited edition SACD version of Heathen, his last good album. And I have to say, even though I'm selling it, and I am obviously biased, it is absolutely fucking choice. Audiophile sound quality. Bonus tracks. Two alternate mixes of the entire album, with some tracks on the album gaining significant amounts of time making them versions that don't appear anywhere else. In fact, if you think about it, both mixes don't appear anywhere else, so all of the versions of those tracks are unique to this release.

Sadly, I don't have an SACD player . Only one person I know has, via an early edition of the PS3. But in the item description I mention 'A Better Future' is improved by being trimmed. How can I say that without actually having heard it? Well, it's the one weak track on the album...

Anyway, here's the listing, if you know an audiophile Bowie fanatic, be sure and tell them for me.

More news as I have it. This weekend is Yndi Halda/John & Jehn time. Both are playing free shows, Yndi at the Union Chapel on Saturday at noon, the other is taking place at the French Institute at 9pm on Sunday night. I'll take pics and let you know how they all were.

Yours,
Living the dream, as long as the dream is full of ennui and general debauchery,

Tom x

Update: Six watchers, 53 views, 3 days left. That's auctionsniper territory. This baby is shipping worldwide too. I'll probably have to send it to Belize or something.

No comments: